What better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day than with an oooey gooey art creation?
Your kids will love this as much as they love their Valentine’s Day sweets!
Most adults remember playing with silly putty as a kid! Stretching it out oh-so-long and then rolling it up in a ball. Squishing it through your fingers. The stuff was awesome!!!!
It’s probably no surprise to you that homemade silly putty is one of the kid’s favorite messy time projects at our studios. They LOVE it!
It only takes a few ingredients and is very easy to make. Give it a try. . . .
Note: Recipe makes enough for 1 child.
- 2 tablespoons of school glue
- 1 tablespoon of liquid starch (You can find liquid starch in the laundry detergent section of most grocery stores.)
- Small disposable cup
- Red liquid watercolor or food coloring (Please note- liquid watercolor is best but if you don’t have it food coloring will work. Be aware that food coloring may stain the kids hands or anything else the silly putty touches.)
- Red and pink glitter, sequins and confetti hears (optional)
- Craft stick, chop stick or plastic knife to mix with
- Small plastic bag
- Newspaper to cover your work surface
- Pour 2 tablespoons of school glue into the cup.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of liquid starch into the same cup.
- Put 4 drops of red liquid watercolor or food coloring into the cup. If you want, sprinkle some glitter, sequins and confetti into the cup also.
- Time to mix. Use the craft stick (or twig) to mix the contents of the cup thoroughly.
- Viola! You have made silly putty.
- Need more glitter, sequins or confetti? You can add more now!
- It’s time to play. Dump the silly putty out of the cup- squish it, squeeze it, and stretch it!
- When you are done playing, the silly putty can be stored in a plastic bag.
- Don’t forget to clean up!
Making a Mess is the Best!
[av_hr class=’custom’ height=’50’ shadow=’shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’600px’ custom_border_color=’#008e9c’ custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’no’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’]
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes,camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years.
Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
[av_button_big label=’Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!’ description_pos=’below’ link=’manually,http://franchise.kidcreatestudio.com/’ link_target=’_blank’ icon_select=’no’ icon=’ue800′ font=’entypo-fontello’ custom_font=’#ffffff’ color=’theme-color’ custom_bg=’#444444′ color_hover=’theme-color-subtle’ custom_bg_hover=’#444444′]
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art to positively influence the lives of children.
Click here to learn more about franchise opportunities with Kidcreate Studio.
[av_one_third][av_hr class=’invisible’ height=’-1′ shadow=’no-shadow’ position=’center’ custom_border=’av-border-thin’ custom_width=’50px’ custom_border_color=” custom_margin_top=’30px’ custom_margin_bottom=’30px’ icon_select=’yes’ custom_icon_color=” icon=’ue808′ font=’entypo-fontello’][/av_one_third]