We like to think we’ve got some of the best slime recipes of any art studio around. If you’ve been with us in the studio or at one of our many On-the-Go locations, you’ve most likely had the chance to get messy with us! Our Fluffy Slime is a favorite with the young mess makers at our studios and we’re going to share it with you.
Making slime is a perfect activity for those long Summer days, rainy weekends, snow days or no school days. It’s easy to make and is sure to entertain any child!
Don’t worry about this sticky slime getting everywhere! We’ve got some tricks to help! We’ve also included some exciting ways to play with the slime beyond the satisfying squishing that always ensues.
What You Need:
- 1/2 cup shaving cream
- 1/2 cup glue
- 1/4 cup liquid starch
- Paint (any color)
- Mixing bowl
- Resealable bag (storage)
- Optional mix-ins: glitter, small plastic figurines, sequins, beads, googly eyes, etc
- Cover your work surface with newspaper.
- Pour 1/2 cup of glue into a mixing bowl.
- Add paint into the same mixing bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup of shaving cream to the mixture.
- Time to mix. Stir together until all of it is one color.
- Add 1/4 cup of liquid starch.
- Now, stir together until slime forms. If the slime seems to sticky, add small amounts at a time of liquid starch.
- Ta Da!! You’ve made fluffy slime.
- Now it’s time to play!
Dump the slime on to a clean surface- squish it, squeeze it, and stretch it! There are tons of ways to play with Fluffy Slime.
– Use a straw to blow bubbles. Put one end of the straw into the slime and make sure the entire end is surrounded by slime. Now, blow!
– Fluffy Slime can also be boosted by including some fun additions like glitter, tiny plastic figurines, googly eyes and so much more!
- When you are done playing, the fluffy slime can be stored in a plastic bag.
- Don’t forget to clean up!
Making a Mess Is the Best!
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art to positively
influence the lives of children.
. . .