The Fourth of July and
Art Are a Perfect Combination!
This 4th of July, squeeze in some messy art fun! Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to create a magical sky-scape full of fireworks that look like they are reflecting on water.
- Art paper
- Washable markers
- Colored construction paper
- School glue
- Small container for water
- Paper towel
1. Start by thinking about all the amazing and massive fireworks you have seen. What colors are they? How big are they? Do they have any special details?
2. Now that we’ve thought about our favorite fireworks, begin by folding your art paper in half the long way (horizontally). Keep the paper folded and draw fireworks on the top half of the page. Make sure to fill up the entire space and have a few of the fireworks touch the edges of the page.
3. Next, unfold the paper, then refold the paper (horizontally again) so that this time the the drawn side is on the inside, facing down on to the blank half of the sheet.
4. Now is when we get a little messy! Wet a folded paper with a damp paper towel, like you are applying a temporary tattoo. Don’t miss a spot! Peel up the edges every now and then to make sure the colors are transferring.
5. Be super careful and unfold the paper. Set aside your masterpiece to dry on a table. Make sure that you are setting the damp paper on a washable surface, because some color may come through as the piece dries.
6. Once it is dry, frame with construction paper to finish your masterpiece!
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art
to positively influence the lives of children.
. . .