15 Creative Ways to Use Halloween Candy
Candy in bags, candy in closets, candy in drawers and candy in the freezer. Halloween is candy season! Here are some fun ways to use up some of that sweet stash. Maybe this year, it will all be gone by Thanksgiving!
1) Create art of course! Candy mosaics are fun to create out of M&M’s, Skittles or any colorful candy. For edible art, we like to use graham crackers for the base and vanilla frosting as our mortar. For art with a longer life span, use cardboard for your base and glue to affix the candy.
2) Here’s another artsy idea . . . create a 3-D scene with candy. The theme possibilities are endless- a favorite holiday, a favorite place, etc. For this project you will need some cardboard for a base and frosting for the mortar. Additional fun materials include; craft sticks, toilet paper rolls, colorful tissue paper, pipe cleaners and paint.
3) Yes, another art project . . . M&M Paint! Use your extra M&M’s to make paint. Start by sorting the M&M’s by color. Place the M&M’s in cups (clear plastic cups work great for this). Put one color per cup or mix colors and experiment with color theory. Add enough water to each cup to just cover the M&M’s. Stir the M&M water mixture with a paintbrush until the water turns color. Then, paint away!
4) Make a candy bouquet. This is a fun gift idea. Plus, your kids will have a blast making it! Here is a great tutorial on how to make one- www.iheartnaptime.net/candy-bouquet-tutorial/
5) Make a candy message board. These are cute and make great gifts. Some cleaver phrases include- “You are Special”, “You are Mounds of fun”, “SKOR the big goal”, etc. There are tons of cute ones on Pinterest. Go there for inspiration!
6) Sell the candy to your dentist. Many dentists around town will offer money for your Halloween candy. Go to www.halloweencandybuyback.com to find a dentist near you.
8) Freeze it. A couple of pieces of candy packed in a lunch in December is a great treat!
9) Bake with it. Cakes and cookies are extra special when you add the sweet surprise of candy!
10) Add it to ice cream. Candy on top of an ice cream sundae or blended into a malt or shake is delicious!
11) Cocoa with mint sound good? Add Junior Mints or Peppermint Patties to your hot chocolate for a flavor boost.
12) Science experiments with candy? You bet! Here’s a web site will all kinds of fun ideas. www.candyexperiments.com/p/experiments.html
13) Throw a candy themed party. Decorate with it, play games with it, give it away as prizes, you get the idea!
14) Melt Jolly Ranchers into suckers. It just takes 5 minutes in a 200 degree oven. Other hard candies can also be melted. And suckers aren’t the only thing you can make. Window cookies and Christmas ornaments are a few more options.
15) Make a candy pizza. Here’s a recipe to try…Mix 1 pouch of peanut butter cookie mix with 1/3 cup vegetable oil and an egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in an ungreased 12-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle with your choice of toppings such as candy corn, candy bar pieces and nuts. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Sprinkle 1 cup miniature marshmallows on top. Bake for another 10-15 minutes until marshmallows are lightly browned and cookie is set at edge. Cool completely in pan. Drizzle 1/3 cup of melted chocolate chips over the top.
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio just for kids that offers children’s art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art
to positively influence the lives of children.
Click here to learn more about franchise opportunities with Kidcreate Studio.