We all know a child that LOVES to play Angry Birds, you might even love it too. We don’t blame you, it’s addicting! This game has found its way into television, movies, clothing and now ART. We combined two of our favorite things, Angry Birds and art, to make this fun scratch board Angry Birds masterpiece. This is another way for your child to show their favorite game a little love, in a creative way.
Scratch board art might seem like something you go purchase in the craft aisle but, with the easy steps below, you’ll find yourself making homemade scratch board art for every occasion!
What You Need:
- Art paper
- Craft sticks
- Black paint
- Paint brushes
- Oil pastels or crayons- variety of colors (oil pastels are preferred)
- Construction paper – variety of colors
- School glue
- Glue sticks
- Miscellaneous craft items- feathers, crayons, googly eyes, etc.(optional)
- Cover your work surface with newspaper.
- Color the entire piece of art paper with either your oil pastels or crayons. Oil pastels tend to work better for scratch board projects, but crayons will work too. Make sure there is no white left on the paper!
- With the construction paper, cut out 3 circles and/or triangles for the angry bird characters. These cut outs should be about the size of a child’s fist.
- With any additional craft items you have around or some construction paper, add any facial features you think the birds need. Use a glue stick to apply these details to the construction paper shapes.
- Go back to the art paper we colored earlier. Paint the entire piece of paper black. Make sure there is an even layer of paint over the entire sheet.
- Using a craft stick scratch a dot in the black paint where you want each bird to be. Continue to use the craft stick to scratch away the paint, making scratch lines that will trail behind each bird so it looks like they are soaring through the air!
- Carefully set your characters on the paint at the end of the 3 scratch lines. The birds should stick to the paint. If they do not stick, add some school glue.
- Set aside the project to dry and go make some space on the refrigerator because this is one you’ll want to display!!
Making a Mess Is the Best!
Kidcreate Studio is an art studio franchise opportunity that offers children’s art classes, camps and art-themed birthday parties for children ages 18 months through 12 years. Making a mess is the best at Kidcreate!
Make a Difference, While Making a Great Living!
Open a Kidcreate Studio and use the power of art to positively
influence the lives of children.
. . .